AVOCADO IN CONDENSED MILK
However, after living here in US for almost ten years now, I have learned to eat avocado in so many ways. I can eat it plain or with vanilla frozen yoghurt, in sandwiches, in salsas, in salad, with quesadilla, with rice, or use it as toppings in ceviche.
Shrimp CevicheCeviche is equivalent to 'kinilaw or kilawin' in the Philippines.
Here is how I made my shrimp ceviche:
1. Lightly cook the shrimp in boiling water with some salt. ( In the Philippines, I make "kilawin" or ceviche using raw shrimp, but then, the shrimps we usually got were fresh and still jumping for their life. Here, since what we got are frozen shrimp, or previously frozen shrimp, I prefer to lightly cook the shrimp to kill any bacteria).
2. After leaving the shrimp in boiling water for 1 minute, transfer the shrimp to cold water or in ice water to stop the cooking.
3. Drain the shrimp, then, marinade it in lemon juice. Let it stand for an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Mixed in the chopped onion, ginger, pepper and tomatoes.
5. Scoop on top of warm tortillas. (Others serve ceviche in wine glasses.)
6. Top with avocado and cilantro before serving.
Actually, before I eat my serving of ceviche, I sprinkle some more pepper. I somehow love to add spices on my foods, even though I already have added spices during cooking. Actually, when I cook, I try to be conservative with the spices I add, since I believe anyone can always add more spice to adjust to their taste, but if I add too much spices, then, one will have difficulty removing it if they find it too strong for their liking. Thus, aside from a wall spice rack in the kitchen, I also have counter top spice rack near our dining table that I can always move to our table during dining. Actually, because we use spices a lot, most of the time, they stay on our dining table. :) I really enjoyed the time I spent before shopping for kitchen spice racks since I know, they won't end up as decorative item only in the house, but they would really serve me good purpose of organizing the different spices I love to add in the foods I cook. SpiceRackSource is one of the spice racks store online that has the largest selection of spice racks all on competitive sale price delivered fast and free to their customers. They even have guaranteed lowest price before and after the purchase.
Meanwhile, let me end this post with another avocado inspired dinner which we had tonight.
Plain Avocados Sprinkled with some pepper, tomatoes, quesadilla, and baked beans with cheese.
Can you guess what would our dessert be? Hmmmm...... avocados in frozen vanilla yoghurt, yum!